How We Find the Best Canadian Casino Online
Finding the top Canadian online casinos requires expertise: There are a lot of criteria we use. Some of these criteria relate to security and reliability, while others involve payment options and games variety. Each one affects the rating of a casino. If we were to list our criteria briefly:
Security & Reliability
- We check the casino licenses and their security measures.
- Only the websites with the most prestigious licenses can enter our best casino list.
- We verify all licenses and check whether they are still valid.
- We check whether a large number of payment methods is available.
- We check whether these methods are available in Canada.
- We pay particular attention to the speed of withdrawals. Only the websites that complete all transactions in 24 hours can enter our best online casinos list.
Provider & Game Diversity
- We pay attention to which providers the platform works with.
- We look at whether the offered games are up to date.
- We look at whether they have instant play support. Our top 10 Canadian online casinos list only includes websites that offer instant play & mobile device support together.
Fairness & Usability
- We always check the fairness of games and their RTP rates.
- We attach importance to websites working with audition agencies such as eCOGRA.
- We check the mobile compatibility of the website.
- The speed and professionalism of customer service are very important to us.
Choosing a Top Canadian Online Casino Site
When choosing among Canadian online casinos, you should also use the criteria listed above. For a better understanding, let us explain them in detail.
Step 1. Licensing
A license is an electronic gaming document issued by government-controlled institutions. There are many countries in the world that provide a gambling license. However, not all of these licenses are of the same value. In general, it is possible to list the most valuable and prestigious licenses as follows:
The most notable of these is the KGC license. This license is unique to Canada and given by the Indians living in the country. By law, Indian lands have autonomous governance and have their own legal regulations. So even in Canadian states that prohibited gambling, online and brick-and-mortar casinos may operate legally if they are located on Indian land. If you are looking for the best online casino in Canada, we recommend checking the reliability of their license on the net first.
Step 2. Selection of Payment Methods
Payment options are about how easy it is to complete deposit and withdrawal transactions. In addition to credit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallet options; it is necessary to support Canada-specific payment options too. In this way, all financial transactions can be completed more quickly and easily. We recommend that you choose among the casino sites that offer a large number of payment options. The more, the better. Those that support crypto-currencies are especially important and should be preferred first.
Step 3. Software Providers Powering the Casino
Game providers are another thing to watch out for. The best online casino for Canadian players is the ones that work with top quality providers. We recommend you to choose websites that work with well-known names such as Microgaming, Netent, and Novomatic. The game collection of such sites will be more extensive and diverse. For example, there are more than 600 titles in the Microgaming collection alone, and some of them have entered the Guinness Book of Records.
We recommend that you choose sites that work with the best providers which can be seen on top ten lists of all reviewing sites: Betsoft, Nextgen Gaming, Thunderkick, WMS, IGT, Bally, Scientific Games, Yggdrasil Gaming, and Ainsworth. There are other providers we can recommend, but these are the best and most popular ones.
The quality of the provider will also determine the additional services you can get. For example, you can be sure that you will find live dealer games at a casino that works with Evolution Gaming. If you like playing exotic games (keno, scratch card, arcade, virtual betting, etc.), classic providers like Novomatic will be a better choice. If you are only interested in slots, you should choose sites that offer Netent and Microgaming game collections.
Step 4. Games Fairness
The fairness of the games is perhaps the most important thing to pay attention to. You only have a chance to win if they are truly fair. It is not possible for players to calculate how fair the games are. For this reason, it is necessary to choose sites that work with independent auditing agencies that make this control on behalf of players. eCOGRA is one such agency.
The task of these organizations is to regularly test games and make sure they are fair. In this context, thanks to the RTP reports they publish, it is also possible to see your real chances of winning online. In general, we recommend that you choose sites with an RTP value of over 95%.
Step 5. User-oriented Website
Finally, site usability is also a factor that affects the quality of your gambling experience. The best Canadian online casinos have mobile-friendly and easy-to-use interfaces. No matter which type of device you use, you should be able to get the same experience and performance. If you have to struggle for a few minutes to find a particular game, that site does not have a user-friendly design.
Step 6. Customer Support
Customer service should also be easy and practical to reach. In this context, casinos offering various ways to reach customer service are better.
A Players’ Guide to the Best Online Casino Sites in Canada
In the era of internet technologies, many may wonder why online casinos still maintain a stronghold on the web. We found out why and want to share the results of our research with you. Read on.
Why Are Online Casinos So Popular?
It may seem obvious for one and remain not clear for another, so let us get to the bottom. There are many factors that make online casino gambling a popular pastime.
- First of all, it’s really convenient when you can play a round of poker, spin the roulette wheel or a slot machine without having to do the long race distances to get to the land-based casino. Moreover, you will probably go to the nearest one and not to the best one. But with a wide range of casinos on the internet, you can always choose the website to your liking.
- Online casino reviews give you a clear picture of any casino benefits and cons, so you will be able to easily choose the one with the widest collection of games, payment options, platforms (desktop, mobile, etc.) and check the licenses.
- Playing online gets even more secure today than gambling in your local casino as al your personal data is kept encrypted and the deposits and withdrawals are facilitated by electronic payment services. You can get your games winnings to your bank account or card almost instantly!
- By the way, your winning chances when you gamble at the online casino are higher because the RTP rates of the brick and mortar casinos don’t surpass 80%, while for online casinos it can be as high as 95%.
- And what’s the most important – online casino gambling is getting mobile! You can now play wherever and whenever you want!
How to Play in an Online Casino?
In order to start gambling online, you must first join some gaming site. You may follow our links to recommended sites.
Simply click on the “sign up” button and fill in a form. The form contains personal data such as your name, address, and email account.
Fill in all of these correctly because you will need to confirm them when you want to withdraw money in the future.
You can activate your membership by clicking on a link in a message sent to your e-mail address.
After that, you can log in to the casino site with the username and password you specified.
After depositing a certain amount of money, you can start playing any game you want.
Most websites also allow a free trial of their games. If this option is offered, we advise you to use it because free games have the same rules as real money games and the same chance to win. Try out the free versions to learn the rules of a particular game and get information about its payment frequency. If you choose an instant play casino, you do not need to install additional software to play: You can play all games through your browser.
What Makes a Good Online Casino?
In this context, remember that top online casinos must have the following features:
- A safe and prestigious license
- Instant play support and mobile device compatibility
- Game collection of a top-notch provider (multiple providers if possible)
- Fairness and RTP reports provided by an audition agency
- Easy to use, practical website design
- Fast withdrawal times and easy deposit transactions
- Professional and fast customer service (phone support if possible)
- A good reputation among gamblers and review sites.
What Type of Online Casinos You Should Avoid on the Internet
- Non-licensed casinos. A casino without a license is a potential security risk. This means that it is not supervised by an official institution. They can suddenly shut down and cause you to suffer a financial loss. On the website, look at the bottom of the main page: License information is available there. You should be able to see both a logo and a license number.
- Casinos with exaggerated advertising. You know that old saying: If an offer seems too good to be true, it is probably not true. A casino that offers a 600% bonus for the first deposit, for example, makes a much-exaggerated offer which is not possible to complete. Best casinos make reasonable bonus offers. Fake ones offer very high amounts, but they cannot really give them.
- Casinos with no fairness control. If an independent institution does not control the fairness of games, it is not possible to know your real chances of winning. This control cannot be done by players. It should be done by an agency such as eCOGRA or iTechLabs. Casinos working with an audition agency indicate this at the bottom of their main pages.
- Casinos with a negative reputation. Read review sites and member comments before joining a casino. If both are largely negative, think twice before joining that site. Sometimes, the most up-to-date and accurate information comes from these sources.
We hope that our guide on how to choose the best Canadian online casino will make a difference. Our casino reviews have been carefully crafted for you to find your very own site among the oldest and the newest online casinos offering the best bonus campaigns with the most favourable terms. Our final recommendation – select the online casino from our list as we have already done all investigation work for you and chosen the most trustful Canadian casinos with generous bonus offers and promotions running in 2019.
FAQs for Canadian Online Casinos
Which one is the best casino for Canadian players?
There is no single platform that exceeds in everything. There are lots of those that accept Canadian players, and each one has different advantages. The top casinos we mention in this article and on our website are the best places to start. We recommend trying them all – one of them will be the right one for you.
While choosing among our recommended casinos, you should take your own needs and expectations into consideration. For example, if you like to play roulette games, the place of your choice must be able to offer a lot of options in this category. So our recommendation is finding the most trusted ones by using our website (and this guide) and pick among them according to your needs.
Is gambling legal in Canada?
Yes and no. Take a look at the following list to understand what we mean by that:
- Gambling at brick-and-mortar casinos is legal in Canada, no matter which province you live in.
- Sports betting is legitimate too.
- Online gambling, on the other hand, is legal in some provinces and illegal in others.
An online casino in Canada is located in a “grey” area. Each Canadian state has a different legal practice. In other words, a state may consider a Canadian online casino legitimate, but another state may ban it. This makes it hard to find the best online casinos in Canada: An online casino serving one province may not be available in another province.
In this regard, online casinos are completely legal in these provinces: Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest, and Nunavut Territories. However, they are illegal in Newfoundland and Ontario. But even in the states where online gambling is prohibited, the players are not exposed to legal sanctions. So you do not get a penalty for playing at an overseas casino. However, you may experience some difficulties in depositing & withdrawing money.
Lastly, we should mention that for top online casinos being legal does not mean that the official website must be located in Canada. For example, there are no gaming sites based in Prince Edward Island, but residents of this state can join any online casino they wish.
What is the tax rate for gambling winnings in Canada?
We have good news: You do not have to pay any taxes for winnings if you are a Canadian citizen. Gambling is not seen as a “business” in Canada and therefore, it is not subject to any taxes. However, if you gain some interest with that winning, you must declare it via a T5 form. The interest is taxable. This applies to all kinds of gambling, including sports betting.
Why should I prefer a casino that accepts CAD currency?
In theory, you can become a member of any casino as long as they accept members from Canada. However, this does not mean that they will support Canadien dollars too. For this reason, we advise you to join top casinos that accept CAD as a currency. This way, you can get the following advantages:
- Since your local currency is supported by default, you won’t suffer a financial loss due to exchange rates.
- You will be able to use local payment operators such as InstaDebit. These options are usually free of charge for Canadians, which means you won’t be paying any fees.
- Deposit and withdrawal operations will be easier to make and faster to complete.
If you cannot find a casino that supports CAD natively, you can try to find a “crypto” casino. This type of sites accepts digital currencies such as Bitcoin. They also offer the benefits above. In fact, they are more advantageous than casinos that accept CAD.