What Baccarat Is
Baccarat is a game with a rich history. The table favourite is now associated with class and sophistication, even being a game of choice for James Bond. Baccarat is played with two cards to the player and the banker. To win the game, you need to bet on which of the two hands will have a higher value.
How to Play Baccarat Online for Real Money
Playing baccarat online casino games in Canada offers excellent gambling entertainment. The game provides quick and easy play, top-notch odds, and real money wins. Here are the steps to getting started with baccarat for real money:
Casino and Game Selection
Choose from the best Canadian casinos for online baccarat and enter the online baccarat game.
Pick to bet on the player, the banker, or a tie.
Two cards are dealt to the player and the banker. The aim is to get as close to the value of 9 as possible. Any cards over will reset to one, and if you receive a card value under five, you will receive a third card.
If you make a banker bet and the banker cards show nine, and the player cards show eight or under, you will win the hand.
Free Online Baccarat vs Baccarat for Real Money
You can enjoy free baccarat games and real money baccarat casino games, including live dealer content. It’s worth knowing that live games are not available to play for free. There are some key differences between real money and free baccarat. We have listed them below:
How We Rate the Best Online Baccarat Canada Casinos
We have carried out thorough research to bring you the best online casinos for baccarat. Our experts ensure all recommended casino sites are trusted and backed by excellent security measures. All areas of the site are considered, including the games, bonuses, mobile play, and more. Here’s what we look at when recommending the best casino sites.
Casino Legality and Licensing
Our team has diligently ensured that all the recommended baccarat online gambling sites are fully licensed and regulated by a reputable governing body like the Malta Gaming Authority or the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. These gaming certifications ensure the casino operator is held to a certain standard, promoting a fair and trustworthy gambling experience.
Safety and Security
To bolster safety and security, our team has verified that the best online casino Canada baccarat sites utilize the latest SSL encryption technology. Furthermore, many of these casinos have partnered with third-party auditing services like eCOGRA. Our team confirms that these services conduct comprehensive tests to verify that real money RNG games deliver fair payouts.
Selection of Baccarat Games
Our experts have assessed the game variety extensively, and the top Canadian online casinos have a wide and diverse selection of baccarat games. You can play baccarat online casino games virtually or live dealer baccarat titles. The table games suit all budgets, with regular rules and unique variants.
Best Bonus Offers
We have selected top casino sites that allow players to claim a range of bonuses. You can use these additional funds to enjoy the best baccarat casino online game titles. We have picked casinos with excellent offers and fair terms and conditions. Check out the 200 free spins page here if you’re looking for slot bonuses.
Mobile Compatibility and User Interface
Our team has ascertained that the best online baccarat sites in Canada are fully functional on all iOS and Android devices. Our recommended new online casinos are fully responsive on mobile devices to enjoy baccarat play at home or on the move.
Great Customer Support
To ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience, our experts have verified that the best casino sites offer robust customer support. We check that the support service is available through live chat and email and if the support agents are available day and night.
Popular Types of Online Baccarat
There are many different versions of online baccarat. This includes the standard version and variants that offer an extra side bet. We have listed the top online baccarat games you can play either virtually or in the live dealer lobby.
European baccarat is the most popular baccarat table. This game is played with the standard rules, with two cards dealt to the banker and the player. The hand is won if the correct bet is placed on whether the banker or player hits closest to a nine-card value.
Baccarat en Banque
Baccarat en Banque originates from France; the casino always holds the bank in this version. The game is played with three decks of cards, with up to sixteen players. Additionally, players do not take turns to be the bank and do not compete against each other.
Chemin de Fer
Chemin de Fer is another French variation of the game that comes with a few twists on the standard game. There is one designated banker, and the remaining players take on the role of participants, with each of them having a turn as the banker. This version uses six decks with all cards dealt face down.
Punto Banco is the simplest version of the game with no optional plays. It is played with eight decks of cards, with bets taken on the banker or the player’s cards. The usual rules apply, with the closest to nine winning the hand.
Mini Baccarat Online
The Mini Baccarat game is a smaller version, but it still allows up to seven players to join it. This version uses eight decks of cards and offers the standard baccarat card game online bets, but the betting limits are more suitable for low budgets.
Rules of Baccarat
The rules are simple: first, you need to place a bet on the banker’s hand, the player’s hand, or a tie. Two cards are dealt each, and the hand closest to nine wins. Numbered cards are valued at their numbers, except for tens, which have a value of zero. The face cards have a zero value, too, and the ace is one. Hitting more than nine resets the amount back to one.
Different Types of Baccarat Bets
When you play baccarat, understanding the different types of bets is essential for making informed decisions and increasing your chances of success. Here are the available bets when you play online baccarat:
- Bet on a banker: Placing a bet on the banker’s cards.
- Pairs: Betting that the two cards will be the same.
- Tie: A tie is when you bet the banker and player will have the same value cards.
- Big hand: A bet on the combined value of all cards on the table.
Strategies of Baccarat
Gamblers have been playing baccarat for centuries, and over time, many baccarat systems have been devised to increase your odds of winning. Here are some of the most popular strategies played in today’s game:
- 1-3-2-4 baccarat strategy: The player starts with a $1 bet. If the wager is won, the bet is raised to $3, another win moves the next wager down to $2, another win jumps the next wager to $1, and then back to $1. If the bet loses, you start at $1 again. The theory is that it reduces your overall losses on a downswing.
- Fibonacci: This is a sequence of numbers that shows how much to bet, with each losing bet bringing a doubled amount on the next bet. Losing means you move down two numbers in the sequence.
- Martingale system: If you lose $5, your next bet would be $10 in a bit to recoup previous losses. Once you win and recoup, you drop down to your original betting amount.
- One-sided: This baccarat strategy is when a player only bets on one side, either the banker or the player, and sticks to it.
- Labouchere: The system requires writing a list of numbers, crossing off two after a win, and adding one after a loss. The logic behind the Labouchere system is that the player needs to win only a third of the time (and not run out of money) for it to work.
Online Live Baccarat Casino Sites
Canadian players can play online baccarat live at many top gaming sites. These games take place in a real land-based casino, with the betting action streamed to your screen in real time. The live dealer games provide a more authentic gambling experience. Some top live casinos with live baccarat include ZetCasino, Wazamba and PlaYouWin.
Mobile Baccarat Casinos
All the recommended casino sites are available to enjoy via your mobile device. You can access the casinos and play the game by heading to the best online casino for baccarat site through your browser.
Pros & Cons of Baccarat Games
The baccarat tables are some of the most enticing in the casino. The excellent house edge and easy gameplay mean gamblers can enjoy fast-paced action with a good chance of making a profit. Let’s take a look at the advantages and some of the drawbacks of baccarat play now online games:
The baccarat rules are easy to understand, making it one of the most played games in the casino. However, there are some slang terms and words worth knowing before starting. Here is a glossary of words you can find when hitting the baccarat tables.
- Banco: This word is Spanish for ‘banker’ or ‘bank.’
- Bankroll: The bankroll refers to the funds you have available to bet with.
- Burn: A burn is when the dealer removes the top three to six cards after the shuffle. This is known as ‘burning’.
- Callman: The casino dealer responsible for the cards on the table.
- Commission: The winning banker or player bets are subject to a commission, usually around the 5% mark. This is also known as ‘vigorish’.
- Down card: A down card refers to a face-down card called a ‘hole card’.
- Face card: A face card is a Jack, Queen, or King of any suit. These cards have a value of zero in baccarat.
- La grande: This is the best possible hand in baccarat, with a total value of nine. Also known as ‘The Big One’.
- La petite: This is the second-best hand in baccarat, with a total value of eight. Also known as the ‘The Little One’.
- Natural: This refers to the first two cards hitting a total value of eight or nine. A natural eight pays 2 to 1, and a natural nine pays 3 to 1.
- Punto: This is the person playing the game.
- Shoe: The shoe is the card shuffling machine containing six or eight card decks.
- Up card: This is a card that is shown face up.
Addiction and Problem Gambling
Playing online baccarat should be considered a fun pastime, not a way to make a regular income. Some players lose control of their gambling, chasing losses and picking up a problem. Many top casinos provide account limitations and other tools to help you stay in control. If you have a problem, consider contacting a professional help service like the Responsible Gambling Council.
Baccarat Online Game FAQ
👀 Where to play baccarat online in Canada?
We have done the hard work for you and compiled a list of the best casino sites to enjoy baccarat games. These online casinos offer a wide choice of baccarat options.
👉 Do all online casinos offer baccarat?
Not all online casinos feature virtual or live dealer baccarat games. We have provided a list of the best gaming sites to play baccarat.
💡 What is the best baccarat strategy?
One of the best baccarat strategies players use is the Martingale system, which requires you to double any losing wagers to recoup losses.
🤔 Is it possible to count cards in baccarat?
Counting cards in baccarat is difficult because the decks are shuffled after each hand. Experts believe card counting in baccarat is not practical.
🤑 How do you win at Baccarat?
You need to bet on the correct outcome of the cards, whether the banker's or player’s cards will have the total value closest to nine or if it is a tie.