The Best Craps Casino Games in Canada
If you’re looking for the best online craps games in Canada, you’re in the right place. Take a look at our table below to find the top online craps games available at Canadian casinos.
How We Find the Best Online Craps Casinos In Canada
When finding the best online casinos for Canadian players, our expert team considers several factors. Look at our list below to see how we rate the best online craps casinos.
- Legality: Any casino operator should have a valid licence from a well-known casino regulator like the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Security and data safety: When reviewing new gambling sites, we check for security features like SSL encryption and firewalls.
- Casino bonuses and promos: We compare the offers from the best craps online casino sites to find the ideal choices for our readers.
- Craps games variety: We look for the sites with the best options.
- Mobile compatibility and casino apps: We check every casino for mobile gaming options, whether mobile-friendly websites or separate mobile casino apps.
- Supported payment methods and cashout speed: Our experts look for sites with various payment options that support fast and secure deposits and withdrawals.
- Customer support: To ensure you receive excellent customer support, we evaluate the availability and helpfulness of each casino’s support team.
Top Canadian Sites to Play Craps Online
This guide introduces you to the top Canadian casinos offering unique features. Whether you’re a seasoned player or new to craps, these casinos cater to all. Let’s delve into what sets them apart.
The first site on our list is Hellspin Casino; this site offers a wide selection of casino games. They also offer a generous welcome package worth up to C$1,200 across your first two deposits and a VIP program that rewards you the more you play. With a dedicated mobile gaming platform and 24/7 support, it’s easy to see why this casino is so highly regarded.
For more detailed information, read our Hellspin Casino review.
The next site is the exciting Vulkan Vegas casino, which offers a number of bonuses and promotions, including a C$1,500 welcome bonus + 150 free spins and cashback bonuses worth up to C$2,000. Players can also take advantage of the Vulkan Vegas customer support team, who are available 24/7.
For further details, check out our Vulkan Vegas review.
888casino is one of the premier online casinos in Canada. They offer a large variety of online casino games, including multiple iterations of craps, and a dedicated online sportsbook that offers odds on the latest sporting events. Additionally, they offer a substantial C$3,000 bonus for every new customer.
If you want a variety of gambling options, 888casino’s dedicated online sportsbook gives you a whole new betting dimension. For more in-depth information, please refer to our 888casino review.
What Is Craps?
Craps is a popular casino dice game where players bet on the outcome of a roll or a series of rolls of two dice. Players can make several bets at the table, including pass/don’t pass bets, come/don’t come bets, place bets, and proposition bets.
A Beginner’s Guide
As we mentioned above, craps is a dice game that can be played online or in a brick-and-mortar casino. The aim of the game is to predict the outcome of a roll or a series of rolls of two dice.
Each new round of craps begins with a “Come Out” roll. If the shooter (who rolls the dice) rolls a 7 or 11, everyone who placed a “pass” bet wins. This is called a “natural.” If the shooter rolls a 2, 3, or 12, everyone who placed a “pass” bet loses. This is called a “craps.” If the shooter rolls any other number, that number becomes the “point” number for that round.
When a point is established, the shooter continues to roll until they roll the point number again, or they roll a 7. If the shooter rolls the point number, everyone who placed a pass bet wins, but if the shooter rolls a 7, everyone who placed a pass bet loses.
There are a number of different bets a player can make on the craps table, which we will go into more detail on later in this guide.
Online Craps Variations
Gamblers have various preferences when choosing casino titles, and real money craps games are no different. The good news is you can always join different online casinos if your current platform lacks your favourite craps titles. Below are a variety of different craps versions you will find at online casino sites.
This game is the most common craps variation and is often called bank craps. You will find it in almost all Canadian craps casinos, with some additional fine-tuning to form distinctive bets and payouts. The game takes place with two dice and uses the default craps layout, enabling gamblers to learn the rules faster.
This version is simple and popular among beginner craps gamblers. Players bet and win on one dice roll that rewards for landing 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, or 12. However, the player loses if the roll is a 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. This game only has a 2.8% house edge, making it an attractive option for beginners.
High Point Craps Online
The game’s house edge is 2.35%. Craps players win after landing 11 and 12 on the first roll, which pays out even money. Any other number becomes the point number, but if the shooter rolls a 2 or 3, a re-roll is required. Once the point number has been set, the shooter needs to roll higher than that point number for everyone to win.
Crapless Online Craps
Crapless craps is also known as ‘Ruse Craps’ or ‘Never Ever Craps,’ and is a variant of craps where you cannot lose a Passline bet on the come out roll. Rather than the 2, 3, and 12 rolls losing and the 7 and 11 rolls winning on the come out roll, every roll besides a 7 becomes a point number, and the bettor wins if the shooter rolls a 7. The house edge on a Passline bet changes from 1.41% to 5.38%.
Die Rich Craps
An ideal game for beginners played with one die, it rewards a Pass Line bet with a 6 on the come out roll. Landing a 1 leads to a loss, while all the other numbers between 1 and 6 become point numbers. Afterward, a player gets three chances to roll the dice for a chance to hit the point again and win a reward.
Live Online Craps
Almost all craps games are available to play against live dealers, away from land-based casino crowds. You can sign up to play at one of our recommended online casinos with live craps, benefit from intuitive HD video feeds, and qualify for bonuses.
Exploring Different Craps Bets
There are a number of different craps bets a player can make during a game. Let’s take a closer look at what those are.
- Pass Line Bet: When a player makes a pass line bet, they win if the come out roll is a 7 or 11, and lose if it’s a 2, 3, or 12. If any other number is rolled, that becomes the point number; if the shooter rolls the point number before they roll a 7, the pass line bets win.
- Don’t Pass Bet: This is the opposite of a pass line bet. The don’t pass bets win if the come out roll is a 2, 3, or 12, and if a 7 is rolled before the point number.
- Come Bet: This is similar to a pass line bet, but it can be made after the come out roll. This means a come bet will win if the shooter rolls the point number before they roll a 7.
- Don’t Come Bet: This is similar to a don’t pass bet, but it can be placed after the come out roll. The don’t come bet will win if the shooter rolls a 7 before they roll the point number.
- Place Bets: Players bet on a specific number to be rolled before a 7.
- Field Bet: Players bet on the next roll being a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Proposition Bets: These bets are one-roll bets on specific outcomes, such as a specific combination or number. Examples of this bet include “Hardways” or “Any Craps.”
- Big 6/Big 8 Bets: Players bet on the shooter, rolling a 6 or 8 before they roll a 7.
Navigating Craps Odds
Different bets on the craps table come with different odds and a different house edge. Check out the table below for a full breakdown of the different craps bets.
Getting Started With Craps Online Gambling
If you want to start playing craps online, we’re here to help! We’ve created a handy guide you can follow, so look below to get started.
- Choose a craps casino from our long list of options.
- Click the Sign-Up button and enter your personal information to create an account.
- Choose and claim welcome bonuses available at your craps casino.
- Make a qualifying deposit at your craps casino to redeem your bonus offer.
- Pick your favourite craps casino game and start playing!
Playing Craps Online for Money vs Free
Winning Craps Strategy and Tips
Winning in craps requires strategy like in other casino table games. It is the best and most workable way to mitigate losses and manage funds. Next are a few tips and techniques you can use to your advantage and win the game.
Practice for Free First
Any real money online casino with craps will always offer the demo version. Ensure you first practice wagering with the free game, especially if you are a beginner. Achieving this will help you boost your understanding of the rules, bet types, and odds.
Avoid Bet on Big 6 or 8
Big 6 and 8 only pay when the shooter rolls a 6 or an 8 before they roll a 7. If the shooter rolls a 7 first, the bet is considered a loss. The payout is 1:1 but can be 7:6 if you make a Place bet. If you compare the risks to this bet and the final reward, it is safer to avoid it.
Place Pass Line Bets
Pass line bets have a low house edge and are the simplest you can place in craps. They are even money wagers, which pay out at a ratio of 1:1. The chance of an outright win is 2/12 if the ‘Come-Out Roll’ outcome is natural (7 or 11). A pass line bet will lose if the dice roll reveals 2, 3, or 12.
Be Careful With Don’t Pass Line Bets
Don’t pass line bets are wagers against the dice roll. They are the opposite of the Passline bets, requiring craps players to bet on a 2, 3, or 12 on the Come-Out Roll or land a 7 before the point number to win.
Avoid Proposition Bets
Proposition bets have slim chances of winning, although the odds often tempt gamblers. The house edge is high, so despite the higher returns when you win, these bets are worse for you in the long run. It is safe to avoid these bets unless you are experienced and have a defined craps wagering strategy.
Use 3 Point Molly Betting System
The 3 Point Molly betting system is an excellent way to protect your stakes. Implementing it lets you have three numbers to balance your bets. As a result, your chances of landing correct predictions increase, unlike when betting on one number.
Bonuses at Craps Casinos
One of the benefits of playing craps at online casino sites is the variety of welcome bonus offers they offer. Below, we’ve explained the most popular bonuses available at craps online casinos.
- Welcome bonuses: It is available to new gamblers for registering and verifying a gaming account.
- Reload bonuses: Online casinos give reload bonuses to gamblers after loading cash into gaming accounts.
- No deposit bonuses: Gamblers get it without depositing any money into their accounts.
- Cashback bonuses: Online casinos give this bonus to gamblers on specific days after losing wagers or spending specific cash amounts.
Playing Online Craps on Your Mobile Device
Playing craps games online comes with the advantage of mobility. Several mobile casinos provide craps games, allowing you to enjoy your favourite craps game from anywhere. Players can download the dedicated casino app or access the website via mobile devices.
History of Craps
The game of craps first dates back to around the 12th century. Its origin is unclear, but several theories claim it evolved from the English game “Hazard,” a popular game played by English knights in the Crusades.
- Evolution in England: Over the years, Hazard became popular amongst the upper-class population of England. During this time, the rules of the game evolved, and more betting options were introduced.
- Introduction to the United States: Around the 18th and 19th centuries, A gambler named Bernard Xavier Philippe and a French politician introduced craps in New Orleans, USA. The name craps was taken from the French word “Crapaud,” which means toad – a nickname for the early street players who were said to have crouched like toads while playing on the streets.
- Contributions of John H. Winn: Further developments in the game by John H. Winn gave birth to the ‘Don’t Passline bet’ in 1907.
- Contemporary play: Today, you can play craps online in Canada and have a great time.
Why Play Craps Online in Canada?
Online craps games offer several advantages, making them an excellent choice for casino players. These benefits include lower minimum bets, access to casino bonuses, 24/7 availability, and the flexibility to play from anywhere. This game is highly recommended for players who seek fast-paced gameplay with a low house edge.
Knowing the different craps terms is handy for learning and developing a betting strategy. Next is a glossary you can use, especially if you are new to craps gaming.
- Roll Craps: It is a roll forming 2, 3, or 12.
- Front Line: It is an alternative term for a Passline bet.
- Betting Wrong: It is wagering on the Don’t Passline bet or against the shooter.
- Betting Right: It is placing a wager on the Passline bet or the shooter.
- Point: Any number that isn’t part of winning or losing in the Come-Out-Roll.
- Bones: It is another term for the dice.
- Shooter: It is the player who rolls the dice.
- Hot Table: It is a craps table where most players are winning.
- Cold Table: It is the craps table where a majority of players are losing.
- Seven Out: It occurs when a player rolls a 7 before rolling the point.
- Natural: It occurs when a player rolls a 7 or 11 on the Come-Out-Roll.
- Bank Roll: An alternative name for the classic craps variation but can also mean the amount of cash a player has in the gaming account.
- One Roll Bets: They are proposition bets at the center of the craps table on the next roll being a 2, 3, 11, or 12.
- Lay Bet: It is a wager on the shooter to roll a 7 before rolling the point number.
- Back Line: It is an alternative term for the Don’t Passline bet.
- Come Out Roll: It is the shooter’s first roll of the dice that sets the point in a new craps round.
- Any Seven: It is a bet on the next number being a 7.
- Come Bet: It is a virtual Passline bet players place before rolling a 7 or the point.
While winning craps bets can be easy with the right strategy, the excitement often leads to problem gambling, especially if you can’t manage your bankroll after a losing streak. Fortunately, the Responsible Gambling Council helps players tackle gambling addiction, depression, bankroll mismanagement, and more. They advise:
- ✔️ Take breaks to deactivate casino accounts.
- ✔️ Be disciplined with your time and money.
- ✔️ Seek support if you have gambling challenges.
- ✔️ Remember, the casino holds the advantage; winning chances are often slim.
Online Casino Craps Real Money FAQs
Is online craps legal in Canada?
Playing craps in Canada is legal in all internationally licensed online casinos governed by Canadian authorities. It is always wise to analyze the documentation of the platform you want to join to avert signing up on illegal gaming sites.
Can you play craps online for real money?
You can play real money craps at all our recommended casinos since they all operate under Canadian gambling laws. The best part is you will get different bonuses to boost your bankroll and place risk-free wagers.
Is online craps rigged?
It is impossible to rig craps. Casinos use sophisticated security encryptions to prevent anyone from interfering with the game. They also use a third-party audited random number generator (RNG) that ensures results are unpredictable and not hampered.
Where can I play free online craps in Canada?
You can play craps for free to hone your wagering skills in casinos we recommend without creating and verifying a gaming account. All the games will be instant but won't reward cash prizes after winning wagers.
How much can I win playing online craps Canada?
While the primary motivation for playing craps should be to have fun, there is indeed the potential to win money when playing craps online. Some bets offer a rate of return exceeding 5/1, providing an opportunity for substantial winnings.
How can I find the best craps casino?
Our site is among the best resources for discovering top craps casino platforms. Our experts have conducted in-depth research and compared various casinos that offer real money online craps.
Is craps a game of chance?
Yes, there is no way to influence the game's outcome when playing craps, as it is purely a game of chance. There will always be a house edge when you play craps, so you should always play for fun, not profit.
Do I need to download any software to play online craps?
Not necessarily; many online casinos allow you to play craps game directly from your web browser. However, if you’re playing from your mobile device, you may have to download your casino’s dedicated mobile app to get the best mobile gaming experience.
Can I play free online craps?
Yes, there are many casino sites offering craps players the chance to play online games for free. When playing free online craps, you are not at risk of losing any money; however, you do not have the chance to win real money either.