What a Craps Is
Craps is a social dice game occurring on a table with several variations and types of wagers. Players place bets on a Passline bet at the start of the gaming session and take turns rolling two dice.
The first gambler to roll the dice is called ‘The Shooter”. The outcome is dubbed the ‘Come-Out Roll’, which doubles the Passline bet’s value if it reveals 7 or 11.
History of Craps
The craps game dates from around the 11th century. Its origin is unclear, but several theories claim it evolved from the French game ‘Crapaud’ and the English game ‘Hazard’.
Around the 18th and 19th centuries, A gambler named Bernard Xavier Philippe and a French politician introduced craps in New Orleans, USA. However, there were gaps in the game, allowing easy odds manipulation.
Further developments in the game by John H. Winn gave birth to the ‘Don’t Passline bet’ in 1907. Today, you can play craps online in Canada and walk away with handsome cash prizes.
How to Choose Good Craps Casino Online
Choosing a decent craps real money casino defines the level of security and convenience you will enjoy. It also uncovers the freebies and craps variations you can expect from a gaming site. The best Canadian casinos for online craps have specific traits they boast. The following factors are always at the top of our evaluation processes.
Legality of Online Craps Casino
The first sign of an excellent craps site lies in its compliance with gambling laws. Any casino operator in Canada should have a valid license from a well-known casino regulator. A certificate from the Malta Gaming Authority is a perfect indicator of a licensed craps casino. You can also check for a logo from eCOGRA to confirm the games are fair.
Security and Gamblers Data Safety
A secure on-line craps site stands out by how it safeguards data and gamblers’ credentials and funds. The Canadian gambling authority requires you to confirm the security framework on a site before signing up. An SSL certificate and three-factor authentication (3FA) are perfect indicators of a casino you can join.
Close to all top Canadian casinos give bonuses and promos to customers. These offers always have terms and conditions. Others exclude certain games from the list of playable titles. This means you need a casino site that allows you to claim, use, and withdraw bonus cash winnings, provided you adhere to the set wagering requirements.
Craps Games Variety
There are a variety of craps games from different software developers. Unfortunately, not all Canadian gaming sites feature all the variations. This calls for all gamblers to review the available craps titles they can play for real money. Remember, the rules and terminologies will vary for each craps variation you choose.
Defined Betting Information
The differences in the types of bets’ house edges and odds are top metrics every gambler should examine. They detail how much you can wager, win, and under which circumstances. If the betting information is unclear, be cautious.
Most casino players fancy playing craps and other games on the go. Thank heavens many craps developers and gaming sites leverage mobile-compatible designs for different operating systems. If you want to enjoy intuitive instant-play on craps, ensure you pick online casinos with mobile-friendly browser interfaces or a separate casino app.
Highest Payout Percentage
Each type of bet in craps has a specific payout ratio of the cash a gambler can win. Casinos set the figures as percentages, somewhere between 98% and 99.5%. As a gambler, check and compare the highest payout, especially if you wager bonuses.
Supported Payment Methods and Cashout Speed
Always confirm which banking options Canadians can use and the waiting time to deposit or withdraw funds. It is also wise to ensure the casino’s payment channels operate in Canada and facilitate speedy and secure transactions.
The professionalism of the customer support staff impacts how well and fast you get assistance. All outstanding craps casinos will offer different channels to contact customer support 24/7/365.
Online Craps Variations
Gamblers have different preferences when choosing casino titles. craps variations you can play for real cash also vary from one gaming site to another. The good news is you can always join different casinos if your current platform lacks your favorite craps titles. Below are different craps versions you will find in our recommended online casinos.
This game is the most common craps variation, often called bank craps. You will find it in almost all craps casinos, with some additional fine-tuning to form distinctive bets and payouts. The game takes place with two dice. The layout is standard, enabling gamblers to learn the rules faster.
This version is simple and popular among beginner craps gamblers. Players bet and win on one dice roll that rewards for landing 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, or 12. There is also a betting system with no natural numbers, Pass, and Don’t Passline bets. But again, a roll on 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 results in a loss.
High Point Craps Online
The game’s house edge is 2.35%. Players win after landing 11 and 12, which pay out even money. Other outcomes form point numbers, but 2 and 3 require a re-roll on the dice. A roll below the point loses while that above wins.
Crapless Online Craps
Crapless craps is also known as ‘ruse craps or never ever craps’, meaning you cannot lose a Passline bet. It is more fast-paced, lacking the Pass and Don’t Passline win on an 11. The house edge on a Passline bet changes from 1.41% to 5.38%.
Die Rich Craps
An ideal game for beginners, it rewards a Passline bet with a 6 on the Come-Out-Roll. Landing a 1 leads to a loss, while all the other numbers between 1 and 6 become point numbers. Afterward, a player gets three chances to roll the dice for a chance to hit the point again and win a reward.
Live Online Craps
Almost all craps games are available to play against live dealers, away from land-based casino crowds. You can sign up to play at one of our recommended online casinos with live craps, benefit from intuitive HD video feeds and qualify for the bonuses.
Craps Online Casino Software Providers
Many casino game developers are offering craps and ensuring constant releases of new and intriguing titles. Next are our top five software providers that allow Canadians to play live craps online.
Bonuses at Craps Casinos
These are some top Canadian sites to play craps online for money with bonuses. The bonuses gamblers can claim to wager on craps are generous and offer immense value.
- Welcome bonus: It is available to new gamblers for registering and verifying a gaming account.
- Reload bonus: Casinos give this bonus to gamblers after loading cash into gaming accounts.
- No deposit bonus: Gamblers get it without depositing any money into their accounts.
- Cashback bonus: Casinos give this bonus to gamblers on specific days after losing wagers or spending specific cash amounts.
Best Mobile Craps
The adoption of HTML5 technology in gambling enables most casinos to offer mobile craps game online. Mobile layout design and device compatibility are among other parameters for playing on Android, iOS, and Windows phones. The best casinos to play with craps on smartphones or tablets are:
- Vulkan Vegas
- Jackpot City
- Royal Vegas
New Craps Online Games
The Canadian online gaming market is one of the fastest growing. Many new casinos are offering gamblers jaw-dropping bonuses to play craps. We constantly research newcomers and update our list of recommended platforms, such as those listed below.
- Ice Casino
- Jet Casino
Winning Craps Strategy and Tips
Winning in craps requires strategy like in other casino table games. It is the best and most workable way to mitigate losses and manage funds. Next are a few tips and techniques you can use to your advantage and win the game.
Practice for Free First
Any real money online casino with craps will always offer the demo version. Ensure you first practice wagering with the free game, especially if you are a beginner. Achieving this will be handy to boost your understanding of craps rules, bet types, and odds.
Avoid Bet on Big 6 or 8
Big 6 and 8 only pay when the come-out-roll forms 7. Any other outcome results in a loss. The payout is 1:1 but can be 7:6 if you make a Place bet. If you compare the risks to this bet and the final reward, it is safer to avoid it.
Place Passline Bets
Passline bets have a low house edge and are the simplest you can place in craps. They are even money wagers, doubling the bet value and paying 1:1. The chance of an outright win is 2/12 if the ‘Come-Out Roll’ outcome is natural (7 or11). A Passline bet will lose if the dice roll reveals 2, 3, or 12.
Be Careful With Don’t Passline Bets
Don’t Passline bets are wagers against the dice roll. They are the opposite of the Passline bets, requiring players to bet on a 2, 3, or 12 on the Come-Out Roll or land a 7 before the point number to win. Their possible theoretical win on the first roll is 3/12.
Avoid Proposition Bets
Proposition bets have slim chances of winning, although the odds often tempt gamblers. The house edge is high, letting you walk away with a tinner reward. It is safe to keep off these bets unless you are experienced and have a defined craps wagering strategy.
Use 3 Point Molly Betting System
The 3 Point Molly betting system is an excellent way to protect your stakes. Implementing it lets you have three numbers to balance your bets. As a result, your chances of landing correct predictions increase, unlike when betting on one number.
Craps House Edge and RTP
Casinos create a theoretical advantage (House Edge) on each game or bet to moderate gambling. Gamblers also get their share of payouts represented by a return to Player (RTP). In other words, a house edge is a profit a gaming site makes after gamblers wager.
The craps RTP ranges from 98% to 99.5%. This makes wagering $100 reward a player with between $98 and $99.5. The house edge varies based on the type of bet placed and the risks involved.
Pros of Craps Online Casinos
Although learning to play craps can take some time, gamblers relish many advantages. Next are the pros of playing craps at online gaming sites.
- ➕ High-value bonuses: Some online casinos offer hefty incentives to boost gamblers’ bankrolls. The good news is that you can get the perks more than once, allowing you to place more wagers.
- ➕ Practice wagering for free: Casinos offer demo craps variations to help gamblers have fun, develop wagering skills, and risk-free learning the games’ dynamics.
- ➕ High payouts: The profits casinos amass from craps are less than in other games. Online gamblers get higher payouts than at land-based gaming houses.
- ➕ Adjustable playing environment: Online craps eliminates the hassle and noise associated with conventional casinos. Gamblers can adjust the game’s settings, mute the soundtrack, or place auto bets.
- ➕ Convenient play: No travel arrangements are needed to play online. You can wager on craps any time you want and, better still, set the hours you will be playing each day or week.
Playing Craps Online for Money vs Free
Playing and winning craps bets can be easy with the right strategy. The excitement often leads to problem gambling, especially if you cannot manage your bankroll after being on a losing streak. Some players result in borrowing cash to wager, which is an unwise move.
Fortunately, the Responsible Gambling Council is dedicated to helping casino players tackle gambling addiction, depression, bankroll mismanagement, and other casino-related problems. It also offers advice support that includes:
- ✔️ Gamblers should consider taking a break from placing wagers by deactivating their casino accounts.
- ✔️ Gamblers should be disciplined on how much time and money they spend wagering.
- ✔️ Gamblers with gambling challenges should open up to a friend or a support and treatment center.
- ✔️ Gamblers should always wager bearing in mind that the casino will always have the upper hand, and winning chances are often small.
Online Casino Craps Real Money FAQs
⚖️ Is online craps legal in Canada?
Playing craps in Canada is legal in all internationally licensed online casinos governed by Canadian authorities. It is always wise to analyze the documentation of the platform you want to join to avert signing up on illegal gaming sites.
💰 Can you play craps online for real money?
You can play real money craps on all our recommended casinos since they all operate under Canadian gambling laws. The best part is you will get different bonuses to boost your bankroll and place risk-free wagers.
🤵 Is there any casino to play craps online with other people?
Of course, casinos that offer live dealer craps are your go-to option if you want to play with other people. The game will feature several gamblers with a human dealer moderating the sessions and issuing payouts.
❌ Is online craps rigged?
It is impossible to rig craps. Casinos use sophisticated security encryptions to prevent anyone from interfering with the game. They also use third-party audited Random Number Generators (RNGs) that ensure results are unpredictable and not hampered.
🆓 Where can I play free online craps in Canada?
You can play craps for free to hone your wagering skills in casinos we recommend on this page without needing to create and verify a gaming account. All the games will be instant but won't reward cash prizes after winning wagers.
Knowing the different craps terms is handy for learning and developing a betting strategy. Next is a glossary you can use, especially if you are new to craps gaming.
- Roll Craps: It is a roll forming 2, 3, or 12.
- Front Line: It is an alternative term for a Passline bet.
- Betting Wrong: It is wagering on the Don’t Passline bet or against the shooter.
- Betting Right: it is placing a wager on the Passline bet or the shooter.
- Point: Any number that isn’t part of winning or losing in the Come-Out-Roll.
- Bones: It is another term for the dice.
- Shooter: It is the player who rolls the dice.
- Hot Table: It is a craps table where most players are winning.
- Cold Table: It is the craps table where a majority of players are losing.
- Seven Out: It occurs when a player rolls a 7 before rolling the point.
- Natural: It occurs when a player rolls a 7 or 11 on the Come-Out-Roll.
- Bank Roll: An alternative name for the classic craps variation but can also mean the amount of cash a player has in the gaming account.
- One Roll Bets: They are proposition bets at the center of the craps table on the next roll being a 2, 3, 11, or 12.
- Lay Bet: It is a wager on the shooter to roll a 7 before rolling the point number.
- Back Line: It is an alternative term for the Don’t Passline bet.
- Come Out Roll: It is the shooter’s first roll of the dice that sets the point in a new craps round.
- Any Seven: It is a bet on the next number being a 7.
- Come Bet: It is a virtual Passline bet players place before rolling a 7 or the point.
Author, Casino Expert
Theo seems like an expert in the whole gambling industry, but he is only an author and casino expert at our top-canadiancasinos.com website. Everyone is amazed at his multitasking; he keeps up with everything!